The Lovett Family have been farming the land for generations. The old stone farm cottage still exists. Cattle mainly Hereford & Charolais and sheep namely Suffolk & Scotch are reared on the farm. Reviews for the White Heather Farmhouse on TripAdvisor.
There is always lots to be done on the farm with the vegetables being sown in spring, silage cutting in summer and feeding the animals during the winter months. Many of our guests take a stroll before or after breakfast to the farm, enjoying the panoramic views on the way. The more adventurous take a picnic to the top of the mountain and walk along the sheep tracks.
The River Sheen flows through the farm and a fishing license may be purchased in the local town of Kenmare.
• 4 Bedrooms with En-suite (toilet, wash basin and shower) facilities
• Communal family bathroom
• Large sitting room / Lounge for guests
• Flat Screen TV in all rooms and Free Wi-Fi broadband access
• Large family rooms
• Complimentary Tea/Coffee on arrival
• No stairs
• All rooms have mountain views
• Large flower garden & vegetable plot
• Large car park
White Heather Farmhouse is located on over 100 acres of land with panoramic mountain views.
• Within easy reach of many Activities
• Convenient for touring Kerry region
• Ideal base for golfing, walking, cycling and fishing.